So Much to Think About. So Little Time. That’s Where I come In!
We gather at weddings to celebrate an incredible commitment made by people we love. Too often though, a wedding can sometimes seem a little dull and ordinary. A great wedding should make you laugh, cry and everything in between.
I love getting to know my couples so that we are not strangers on your day. I’m all about creating personal and meaningful wedding ceremonies that totally get you and your one-of-a-kind love story. There should be eye-contact, laughter and a story or two. It should be captivating; it should bring a smile to everyone’s face and it should be emotional – a tear or two is brilliant! Together we can make your ceremony one that everyone remembers and talks about long after the day is over – ‘cos it should be!
Invite your guests and
leave the rest to me…
I’m great at keeping secrets,
and even better at officiating…
Renewal of Vows
Aww, you two!
Let’s make it official … again
Hi! I’m Julie
I’m Julie Claydon and I am an authorised celebrant. I believe in love! Meeting couples, hearing your stories and officiating at one of life’s most significant moments is a total joy for me. This is not just a job!
I bet you’re thinking life cannot get any better right now! Well it will! Your wedding day will be one of your most loved memories.
I am based by the Bay and am happy to travel anywhere in SE Qld and NSW – Stradbroke Island, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and out to The Hinterlands. From my premium wedding package to intimate elopements or renewal of vows – the day is solely yours. Each service offered can be customised to meet your exact budget to create the ceremony of your dreams! I am a member of the Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants, the largest National Association of professional celebrants.
What Do I offer?
Experienced Public Speaker
Stress-Free Flexible Celebrations
Passionate about Love!
Creating Lasting Memories
Free sit down chat!
“It’s truly a privilege to be chosen by couples to be their marriage celebrant.
I will never take that for granted”.
What Happens Next?
What is involved?
I work with you to bring your Wedding day vision to life – stress-free.
So, what is involved to organise your day?
I work with you to bring your Wedding Day Vision to Life –
stress-free. So, what is involved to organise your day?
Find a Celebrant
For me, I believe it all comes down to one thing, trust. The person you choose to marry you should be someone you connect with on a personal level and feel comfortable with. It’s no use choosing a celebrant and then feeling like it’s not a good “fit”. I love it when my couples tell me they feel like they have made a new friend and that friend is now marrying them! I’m there with you every step of the way, from the awkward first meeting where I tell you everything you’ll need to know, until the minute you walk away from me – married!
Choose a Date and Venue
The Legal Paperwork
Before your wedding day there are two forms you will need to complete.
- The first legal document is the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM). This needs to be filled in and signed by you and witnessed by your celebrant (or other authorised person) at least one month and one day prior to the date of your wedding.
- The Declaration of No Legal Impediment to Marriage. Signed closer to the wedding date. This basically means that you are free to get married and haven’t already been married in the meantime.
- On your wedding day you will then sign three certificates.
- Your official marriage certificate
- A copy of the official marriage certificate
- The “Pretty One” you get to take home
All these forms will be signed by your two chosen witnesses.
TIP: I will assist you to complete all legal documentation.
Planning & Budgeting
Here’s where it’s time to get serious about figuring out how much you have to spend. Not everyone sets a clear and strict wedding budget total and sticks to it, and that’s okay. However, for most people in need of a wedding budget there is some discussion that needs to take place.
- Discuss with your partner – how much money are you ready and willing to spend?
- Discuss with family – would they like to contribute?
- Choose your 3 top priorities for your wedding. Decide which elements are a “must” and which elements are “negotiable”
- Crunch the numbers – how many guests?
- Decide your budget and commit to it
• Have some potential wedding venues and dates in mind before you meet your celebrant.
• Having a photographer? I can let your guests know that a professional is taking amazing photos of your day – suggesting your guests put away their phones and just enjoy the moment along with you both. Plus, your photographer will love you!
• Hashtags are great but make them short and easy. After a few drinks, people tend to misspell them!
• No question is too silly to ask me. I will probably have the answer and if I don’t – I will research and get an answer for you.
• Relax! Rely on those with experience (me) to guide you through the process.
• And most importantly – enjoy yourselves and have an awesome wedding day! like a boss. I plan relaxed, meaningful,
CELEBRATIONS & CEREMONIES
“Julie, you were amazing to work with. You were so helpful in getting us organised – from interstate! You were so easy to communicate with and you made sure our ceremony was perfectly suited to us as a couple. Thank you so much for all your help in making our wedding day so special and so uniquely us! AND for arranging all the legals and getting our wedding certificate so quickly! “
Jennifer and Joseph
“To say our day would have been incomplete without you would be a very true statement. Not only did you provide the most important part of our ceremony you provided so much more. On this day we felt as though our ceremony was truly ours and that wouldn’t of been the case without your guidance, support and professionalism throughout planning our special day.
Julie let us 100% personalise our ceremony so that it came from our hearts and that showed throughout our entire ceremony. It was a very special moment that felt completely right having you there to guide us.
It’s hard choosing a celebrant, but the decision was effortless and without a doubt shined through. We can’t thank you enough.”❤️
Gemma and Zac
“Thankyou Julie for making our wedding ceremony totally about us! Your guidance and support was fantastic and we will always remember how romantic our wedding was!”